Eugene IT Manager
Bigfoot Beverages has a great career opportunity! We are recruiting for an IT Manager position. The IT Manager’s role is to ensure the streamlined operation of the IT department in alignment with business objectives of the organization. The IT Manager will analyze, plan, coordinate, direct, and design IT related activities of the organization, and provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department. The IT Manager will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. This position is accountable for ensuring continuity of network servers and computer services for computer users throughout the organization through planning, technical leadership, problem solving, general support, and project coordination. The IT Manager will define and implement IT policies, procedures and best practices.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lead the IT department’s operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems, including telecommunications (phone system, mobile devices and video conferencing), network servers, hosted solutions, PCs, operating systems, hardware and software.
- Benchmark, analyze, report on and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Oversee and/or provide timely response to end-user needs, including internal technical support relating to applications and general systems issues.
- Work with CFO to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Keep current with the latest technologies and trends.
- Manage financial aspects of the IT department, including budgeting, purchasing, and budget review.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives. Develop requests for proposal.
- Approve and oversee projects, from implementation through go-live.
- Coordinates installations and upgrading of systems with the latest versions of software.
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing and service provision.
- Maintain network system and infrastructure. Oversee or preform day-to-day maintenance of network servers (i.e. backups, administration, hardware maintenance), email and firewall administration.
- Oversee and handle multiple project responsibilities simultaneously to prioritize work and resolve technical issues and emergencies as they may occur.
- Negotiate, coordinate and administer vendor, outsourced and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Analysis and decision making on in house and hosted systems.
- Oversees Ecommerce (i.e. ASN, Fintech, EDI, PBEX).
- Practice asset management for IT hardware, software and equipment.
- Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation and disciplinary actions.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Data processing and report writing capabilities across multiple software systems.
- Management and knowledge of software systems (i.e. Sales Reporting Software, Beverage Route Accounting Software, Vending Software, HRMS/Payroll Software, & General Ledger, etc.)
- Diagnose and resolve technical problems, prevent problem escalation and provide solution tracking.
- Effective Communication Proficiency (Written and Verbal)
- Demonstrated Leadership Abilities
- Thoughtful and Decisive Decision Making
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail
- Managing Processes
- Problem Solving, Analytical, Strategic Thinking, and Planning
- Project Management
- Business Acumen
- Collect, Analyze and Summarize Data and Trends
- Performance Management
- Financial Skills and Budget Management
- Ethical Conduct
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Active Listening
- Integrity, Initiative and Achievement
- Credible and Dependable
- Exceptional Work Ethic
- High Level Technical Aptitude and Computer Proficiency (Preferred: VIP, Sage, Margin Minder)
This job operates primarily in a professional office environment, with occasional warehouse exposure, occasionally travels to other company locations (Bend, Roseburg, Coos Bay and Newport) and for industry conferences or professional training. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers, filing cabinets and fax machine.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; bend, use hands; and sit. The employee is rarely required to push; pull; move; carry; lift; climb and balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. The employee must be able to lift up to 35lbs occasionally. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. The schedule is Monday through Friday with some weekend work as necessary. 40 plus hours weekly, shift start time varies based on daily need. This is an exempt level position.
Occasional travel to other company locations (Bend, Roseburg, Coos Bay and Newport) and industry conferences and professional training.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Computer Science or related field or equivalent IT Manager experience with 5 years of progressively responsible experience.
- Minimum of five years managing teams or individuals, supervising, coaching and developing staff.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Beverage industry experience.
Bigfoot Beverages supports a drug-free workplace and will require a drug screen, background check, and run a motor vehicle report from the DMV.
Bigfoot Beverages provides competitive wages and a comprehensive benefit package including but not limited to, health coverage, life insurance, 401(k), vacation and sick time, waiting periods may apply. A probationary period is required.
Deadline to Apply: Open Until Filled
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Fill out an Application